10 Advantage of Topical Pain Relief Cream Over Traditional Pain Relief Tablets
When you feel severe pain in any part of your body, your only goal is to make it stop by either taking a pain killer or applying a topical pain relief cream. Let us learn about the main difference between topical pain relief creams and pain killer tablets.
Topical Pain Relief Cream
When you notice the word topical pain relief cream, you immediately recognize that it needs to be applied to the affected area of the skin. You apply it by squeezing a small amount into your hand and rubbing it onto the skin where you have pain. For example, if you have pain in your shoulder, rub the topical cream directly onto your shoulder.
Traditional Pain Relief Tablet
When taking a tablet orally for pain, you swallow the tablet, and it passes through the digestive system before entering the bloodstream. Pain relief pills are often coated with an ingredient that protects the main ingredients from being dissolved through stomach acids. They may be harsh at the stomach lining and may take between thirty and 40 mins to offer you relief from pain.
Let us look at the advantage of choosing topical pain relief creams over pills:
While pills and topical creams work and are needed by those who have pain, there are some advantages to picking topical pain relief cream.
1. Topical pain relief creams are applied directly to the part of the body where you have pain. The pain relief chemicals are absorbed via your skin.
2. Topical creams provide pain relief faster than oral pain medications since they do not have to pass through the digestive system.
3. Topical creams only provide relief to the affected area. Pain pills, on the other hand, affect your entire body. Because pill ingredients enter the bloodstream, it get dispersed to all parts of the body. In addition, pain pills have sedating properties, that make your thoughts, speech, reflexes, and other actions slow down.
4. Topical creams protect your stomach, digestive tract, and inner organs from damage that can be caused by the long-term use of pain relief tablets.
5. Topical creams provide longer durations of pain relief than pills. Most pain pills remain effective for a period of 4 to 6 hours. Topical creams can remain for 8 or more hours. You can also reapply it at the affected area at any period.
6. Topical creams can deal with more than one kind of pain. For example, when you have neuropathy, topical creams can often reduce inflammation and alleviate this pain, whereas pain pills cannot. Also, topical creams can treat conditions like sports activities injuries or strain, musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, post-surgical pain, accident- and injury-related pain, idiopathic proctodynia, vulvodynia.
7. People who take pain-relieving tablets quickly build a tolerance to the drug. For example, if you are prescribed opiates for pain, you’ll likely be ordered to take one pill every 4 hours. However, within a few days, you could notice that you are not getting the same quantity of relief by taking just one pill every 4 hours.
8. Pain relief tablets can have devastating interactions with over-the-counter or prescribed medicines which is not the case with topical pain relief cream. For example, in case you take an opiate for pain and take a benzodiazepine for anxiety, your respiration system can stop working.
9. Topical creams provide pain relief to people who are unable to swallow pills. They don’t have to worry about the tablet getting stuck in their throat.
10. Topical pain relief creams can easily be compounded at your local compounding pharmacy. You just have to give a list of ingredients to be used in your pain relief cream from a doctor.
Compounding is a science. It’s like selecting specific ingredients, developing a recipe, and creating a product that is unique to each person. With the compounding pain relief medications, numerous ingredients can be compounded into a cream that can give you instant relief from pain and also not cause any skin allergies.
This Post Has 3 Comments
wonderful post, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts
of this sector do not realize this. You should continue
your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!
An intriguing discussion is worth comment.
I do believe that you ought to publish more about this subject, it may not be a taboo subject but generally people do not discuss these topics.
To the next! Kind regards!!
Really informative blog article.Much thanks again. want more.