Compounding Medication for Weight Loss
Diet and exercise play an important role in maintaining a healthy weight – but for some people, eating right and working out are not enough. For both men and women, weight loss frequently can be linked to a hormonal imbalance. When a healthy diet and exercise routine are not resulting in the weight loss you are looking for, adding a compounded weight loss medication can make all the difference.
At Vios, our compounding pharmacists are here to help you achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. If we do not currently offer a solution your patient requires, you or your patient can request a tailored formulation.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many hormones that can lead to weight gain. Here are the top hormones which are majorly responsible for weight gain.
- Estrogen – A high level of estrogen makes our body insulin resistant that leads to high glucose levels and in turn, you gain more weight.
- Insulin – Insulin is one of the main reasons for weight gain. If your body becomes insulin resistant, it causes a spike in blood sugar level which is the primary reason for weight gain.
- Testosterone – Variations in testosterone level can also lead to weight gain.
- Progesterone – Drop-in progesterone can also lead to weight gain. Menopause, stress, your lifestyle, food, intake of contraceptive pills can lead to dropping in progesterone level in your body.
- Thyroid – The thyroid gland releases hormones that help regulate your metabolism, or how your body burns fat. Any change in that leads to weight gain.
One can know if they have hormonal weight gain, if they are suffering from lack of sleep or insomnia, painful periods, frequent mood swings, skin problems, Fertility problems, vaginal dryness, weak bones, frequent headaches, tiredness, sudden weight gain, etc.
Yes, being overweight can lead to hormonal imbalance as extra fat increases the levels of estrogen, insulin production, and other hormones.
Yes, hormonal imbalance is one of the primary reasons for weight gain. You can lose weight easily with bioidentical hormonal treatment at VIOS. Our compounding pharmacist will consult with your physician and make customized medication that will help you to restore the hormone levels of your body.
Hormones like insulin, estrogen, leptin, thyroid, cortisol, ghrelin, testosterone, progesterone, melatonin, and glucocorticoids are the major hormones that lead to weight gain among women. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) can help treat women with hormonal imbalance that leads to weight gain.
Compounded weight loss medication can help you lose weight more easily compared to traditional retail weight loss medication. Compounded medications are made with ingredients that are customized particularly for your body needs that help you restore the hormonal level of your body. The compounding pharmacist will consult with your physician and make customized weight loss medication that has high efficacy and reduced side effects.
Yes, balancing your hormones will help you lose weight. Compounding weight loss medication can help you restore your hormonal balance that may have led to weight gain.
Yes, it is completely safe to use compounded weight loss medication as these medicines are made using different ingredients customized specifically for your body’s needs that are prescribed by your physician.